View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarcinczyk14 View Post
i read that you have the cpz. how do you like them?
So far we know of two "styles" of SS brake lines for this car. The Stillen/Goodrich set looks to be a direct OEM replacement, fitting exactly the same way to the same brackets, but with the rubber tube (and hard tube I think) sections replaced with quality braided SS line.

The CZP one is basically a single straight piece of braided SS brake line with appropriate connectors at each end and a sliding mounting tab in the middle. You ditch the OEM setup and all of the associated brackets, etc, and just mount this direct line from the hard line at the top of the wheel well straight down to the caliper (the sliding mounting bracket bolts into one of the leftover holes from the removed OEM brackets). Being a much simpler design, that's why they were able to get it to market quicker. It's been working fine for me so far.

Leaving aside the track durability issues with blown rubber hoses, for street use, even when the brakes aren't super-heated, you do get a difference in pedal feel at all temperatures. Without the inherent flex of the rubber lines, the brake system is firmer overall, which means it responds quicker to slight touches at the brake pedal without having the mushy takeup feel of the stock lines. It can feel a little weird at first (well, it did to me when I put them on my last car several years ago, I'm used to it now), as it seems like your brake pedal hits a hard floor pressure-wise at a much shallower depth.