View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #447 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
@Boosted: Did you consider a SS turbine housing for weight savings and corrosion prevention considering the placement of the turbo?
Well, for starters there is no such thing as a SS divided turbine housing...remember, this is a twin scroll turbo system. On top of that, I use Precision turbos and Precision does not offer this as an option, only Garrett turbo does. They also only offer it for the GT35R turbo and the GT42 (a rather large turbo). The heat alone will prevent the housing from rusting, it may develope a bit of surface corrosion but that is as far as it will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Fitment View Post
hey Boosted Performance,

we've been manufacturing parts for a longggg time...and from one manufacturer to another...that is absolutely incredible work! keep it up, and please keep posting pictures of those beautiful welds!!
Thank you. This project is now complete so there probably won't be any more pictures, although I took a lot more than I posted. This thread will be a good source for DIY installs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzel View Post
Can we get them coated before they're shipped out? My Z is always in the garage anyway but still would like to protect this investment as mush as possible
The turbo will not be shipped from me. It will come direct from my supplier, along with the fuel pump, UpRev, Intercooler, BOV's, waste gates, and injectors. This saves you guys about $250 as I would have to pay for the items to ship here, and then back across the border. It is also cheaper to do this in the U.S than here.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 05-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote