View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #115 (permalink)
KaienZ34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34 Tour/Sport
KaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
bdl99- for me, i would go without the switch. it defeats the purpose. if i want the steering lock to function i would just let it work the way designed with no attachments.

if i want to disable the steering lock, then plug in your hotwire connector (or watever you will name it) and just forget that my car even had a steering lock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyefields View Post
I agree with what kenchan said because from what I can tell if the lock fails in the locked position is when you have the problem. Even if you have a switch if it fails the switch does not do anything for you. what most of us like is knowing we will not be stranded in the woods. I think a simple bypass connector that goes between the harness and the lock is the way to go.
For me the bypass connector is what i'd be looking for. Having an 09 with the original rev b lock, i cross my fingers every time i go to start it.

KaienZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote