View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #53 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
He was just trying to trying to get you on the correct racing line and braking and accelerating in the correct places. Instructors don't care about speed, they just want consistency, so as long as you are accelerating when he tells you to that is fine - you don't have to be foot to the floor. If you run it in manual mode and then just short shift at 5-5.5k you should be able to prevent overheating at least on a cooler day, plus it will make the car more stable in the turns by being in the correct gear at the start of the corner rather than having it kick down 2-3 gears on exit and risk the rear end stepping out. No need to wring the car's neck when you're not driving flat out.

So when you heading back on track?
Great input there, thank you sir. I have been reading the COMSCC site a little bit, btw.

I am about 98% there in getting "permission" from the wife to get the car ready for HPDE-1 at Summit in June . I submitted my budget proposal over dinner last nite ... awaiting final approval.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote