View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Stage-1 limp mode will give you full power but restrict you to 5000 rpm, it feels exactly like someone played with the redline setting. The bogging down is fuel starvation as ResIpsa pointed out. I do the same as him and just top off using fuel cans before each session, especially since my fuel gauge is broken - ha!

I also thought your instructor was really good, he was focused and energetic.
I liked my instructor... was a young kid who races Spec Miata's.

I filled up before I got to the track, but ResIspa suggested I should top off at the race track and we were parked like 50 feet away from the pumps, so I did so.

It's weird it's like I can't even really remember how it all exactly went down. I see in my video I was trying to point to the oil temp gauge to let the instructor know and I was freaking out because cars were behind me and I didn't want to get run over ... it never dawned on me it was fuel starvation, I figured I was going way too slow for that to happen. 1:47 to 1:52 laps around there is pretty slow.

Last edited by sixpax; 04-30-2012 at 02:44 PM.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote