View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Great fun!

The first time out there is very overwhelming. Was this a single session hyper-drive thing? The more sessions you do the easier it gets and you can start focusing on the individual things such as braking, turn-in, balance, gear selection, mirrors, flag stations etc. First time out the instructor is going to be talking to you continuously and focusing on car position. When the instructor isn't talking any more that means you are doing really well

I'm guessing the wheel hop was actually the rear end locking up under braking, a sign that your front pads were overheating slightly. Real pads in the front are probably all you need for now.

If you or anybody else that area is interested I will be there on Monday with COMSCC. There will be some great instructors available and you are assigned a single instructor for the entire day. Just drop my name in the comment box as referred by and I might be able to steer an appropriate instructor your way (no guarantee's). We will also be doing hot lap ride-alongs, where you ride passenger with an instructor in his race-car for several full-speed laps. Ride-along's are $35 and come with free club membership.

Today is the last day to sign up before you have to beg and plead your way in.
COMSCC Registration

P.S. There is a Time Trial on the afternoon of the 2nd day which is optional, solo'd students may compete. The first day is practice sessions and students (separate run groups for students of course).
Indeed it was a single session Hyperdrive. Interesting on the wheel hop. I will check out the COMSCC ... thanks for the input !

Last edited by sixpax; 04-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote