View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

i just spotted this thread and figured i'd throw in my 2 cents.

i got about 10k miles on my 7AT and i love it. i test drove both 6MT and 7AT before buying and the manual just felt rough to me and my goal is to have a GT-R soon anyways so getting some practice on the paddles seemed better to me (and not having $100k at the moment) lol

but performance wise i agree with people saying the AT feels like it has more torque. also the ECU learning is a real thing. i drive mine in manual mode 98% of the time and after awhile it feels like the car knows my driving style now on upshifts and downshifts. the only thing on the negative side with mine is if i'm not paying attention and let the revs drop too low from 4th to 3rd and downshift it will go straight to 2nd since it is already in the process of dropping it into 3rd for me for lettin the revs die too much. but thats a driver error not the tranny or ECU.

i recently raced my one friend in a 09' genesis with full racing intake and exhaust so we are about dead even HP and TQ wise. his being a 6MT mine being a 7AT he talked a lot of smack on it.....until i smoked him lol

don't get me wrong i love both manuals and autos but when you look at every major high performance car now and recent past they all have paddles and dual clutch gear boxes. a manual tranny has to be a custom order anymore. this is where i don't get where the strictly manual guys bash the auto guys.

cant we all just get along? lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote