View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #8233 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottIN View Post
Just came back from the shop, and some comments / observations.

They said that it was probably the nicest exhaust they had ever put on. Everything fit perfect and the manager is so used to the techs complaining about aftermarket exhausts and fitment issues that he couldn't believe he didn't hear anything from them.

Their biggest issue? Getting the car on a lift. It wouldn't go on any of their lifts w/o damage (I'm assuming they're talking about crushing the pinch welds) so they ended up doing it on ramps. He said they spent an hour trying different things before they gave up and ramped it.

First impressions fro the drive home-I did the 18" resonated CBE and resonated cats:
It's loud. I know it will settle in some, but having never heard one in person I was surprised. I've got a drone right at 2100 RPM, but it seems to be going away even after 30 miles. If it doesn't, I'm screwed because it's right at cruising RPM and conversation over it would be impossible. It produces one of those vibrations you feel all through your body.
Now it sounds like a sports car though. And not cheap or ricey - just very clean. It's too cold to drive with the windows down...but I was.
congrats on gettin it installed. as for the bolded part of the quote that drone came in handy the other nite when i was annoyed with the girl in the car with me lol put the windows down and found the sweet spot. conversation was over
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony