View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #8226 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottIN View Post
So I'm getting my exhaust / cats installed today, and the shop calls me. Said there's no gasket for the cats to the down pipe. So I call FI and they said to use red RTV (and that it's in the instructions-which the shop obviously hasn't read). Call the shop back and tell them to read the instructions. They call me back about 10 minutes later and say they're not comfortable just using the RTV. I did convince them that there are A LOT of these out there, and I can't ever remember reading of an issue. They're saying it will leak.

I'm asking here becasue I don't know much about all this. And it's a reputable shop - they work on mostly classics (jags and maseratis) and European exotics-my 370Z was the cheapest car in the shop - by half.

Anyone else ever run into issues with this and their installer?
I did use sealant on my test pipe install and I have almost 4k miles on mine now. No leaks no cel's ever. Tony makes a great product. Only sounds I hear is an amazing exhaust note and the regular hiss on decel which happens when you remove the cats. So don't worry.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony