View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #138 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I don't have any specifics, only suggestions. You want your lighting overhead AND on the walls at door molding level. You want your lights on a totally different circuit than any of your power tools circuits. You want at least 1, 20 amp outlet, and enough outlets placed strategically so that you don't have to use any extension cords if possible. Now having bright lights is important but you also want to have some regular incandescent lights also. It is much easier to see swirls using a low light source when it is up high. Very bright lights will sometime wash out that ability, especially when they are close to your subject. By killing the bright lights and inspecting the car with incandescent lights, you will be surprised at how easy the swirls show.
My current plan is to put 4 2-bar fluorescent lights on the ceiling, and eventually put at least 2 more bars horizontally mounted on the walls in the garage. Preferably with a separate switch for both. I was thinking of putting the ceiling lights in the corners of he ceiling angled 45 degrees towards the center, but that might just be a little pointless complexity.