View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Fritz is right, the service manual barely mentions the Steering lock. I couldn't even find a picture of the steering lock with a reference number, maybe I don't have a complete manual? The information I posted was for the purpose of aiding in the wire modification outside of the S/L box, as I believe that's what the latest mod from Fritz suggests.

Also, the addition of the switch is only valid on a currently functional S/L control unit or a failed unit that has been opened up and fixed to the unlock position, as you need it in the unlocked position to mod as Fritz mentions.