View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #207 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be running XP-10+XP-8 this upcoming weekend instead of my previous XP8+XP8 combo. Between that and the new Stillen front brake ducting, I'm hoping that the combination of reduced front temps and higher front heat tolerance means I'll get less front fade in general, which hopefully will keep me out of any bad cases of ice mode.

That and I've spent the past month practicing repeatedly on the street to get better at brake pedal modulation and smooth pedal engagement, so I think I stand a much better chance of not diving into the ABS in general. I've gotten very consistent at not hitting ABS on the street, but we'll see with so much more to focus on at the track. Even if I do, hopefully with a stronger relative bite in the front those will lock before the rears do, again reducing ice-mode odds.