View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #2454 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
This is why I say you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying I want all or nothing. I'm saying that I don't wanna go do one event and be happy. Or a few events as me in my car. I'm saying I want to keep going. I want to compete. Eventually I'll have a 2nd car and that will be taken care of. Eventually I'll have everything done the way it should be done. But it's all in steps. I would like to go beyond me with in an instructor and get to the point to where the instructor feels comfortable with me alone in the car on the track, then get to the point to where its me with multiple cars At speed. Then Racing. And keep going. I'm not saying all or nothing, I'm saying if I go once, then I have to do it again, and better the next time. And so on lol

Again I can't explain it in words to where those more knowledgeable on the mechanics and physics and experience on a track will understand, so I'll just say that you're right, you know the track and you're my go to guy when I have a moment.
Do you have any idea how much practice it takes to get into wheel to wheel racing? Because you'd better start now. This isnt Gran Turismo - do a couple "license tests" and bam, we'll throw you on the track. We're talking YEARS of HPDE's to get really good. Thousands of dollars just in HPDE's to hone skills.

And the worst part? Some people just can't do it. They weren't born to be the next Senna and no matter what, they simply cant do it. I'm not saying this is you, I'm just giving fair warning.

Your car wont be any more ready, save for track-prep mods. You wont be any more ready until you convince yourself mentally that you can do it. Until that happens, it simply wont happen.

Also, you wont drive alone your first weekend out. If you desire to, you're a fool. If your instructor lets you, he is a fool.