View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
VDC on or off doesn't matter - it won't do a brake-burnout, without the car itself taking off. Seems the brakes and the torque from the engine are a pretty straight match.
VDC off is a must, and you can easily do a burnout with this method. To recap, "this method" is to hold car in place with footbrake while revving up to whatever number works for your setup, somewhere between 2-3K most likely, in 1st gear in M-mode. Then drop your foot off the brake pedal and give it a bit more gas at the same time, and control the car with the throttle from there. The car will slip forward as it burns like any car, but it won't launch unless you drop the revs and let it.

Depending on your mods, your tires, the track surface, and whether or not you skipped the water box, the desired revs for slipping and for launching will be different. IIRC, for me on the stock Sports tires, I used right around 3K for a mini-burnout after driving around the water box (just to clean off the tire surfaces), and then used something closer to around 2.2K to launch the car at the line. My launch didn't come out very ideal though. Whenever I finally get back to HRP I plan to do more runs and figure out exactly how to do it best (in terms of the RPM I hold at and how I manipulate the throttle at launch).