View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
again, copy cat haha
great minds ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by O&G View Post
I'm on the same page as you, I''m pretty much setup for a return system, I just need to run lines and upgrade the fuel pump to the 340 or CJM twin system. I didn't do the stabilizer because the turbo cars didn't put as much demand on the pump as the S/C cars do. However, your right, anything you can do to make it that much "safer/sleep better at night", then I'm all for it!

What psi you thinking about running?

Big props on the install, nothing like doing it yourself so you know exactly whats going on!
Thanks man, self install is not for everyone but personally I love doing this stuff. I also like knowing every single part on my car, and it just feels more personal when you're busting your knuckles (literally).

As for boost/power, this is an interesting topic. I know of two cars locally running a stage 1 and stage 2 TT at 12psi, both making 550whp/440tq+, both have blown a rod out the block. The stage 1 lasted something like 13,000 miles and saw a lot of abuse. The tune was NOT done by Sam, but by a local tuner, and I have a feeling the timing was quite aggressive to get the most power down.

My personal opinion is they stressed the rods, whether or not detonation was involved I cannot say without seeing the pistons etc. I think the power/torque was too much. These engines are not bullet proof. There are countless people running 400-500whp for a number of years now, and I think that is the "safe" goal.

I plan on running 6-7 psi low boost, 10psi high boost with no more than 500whp (whatever psi gets me there), I will also be running Sams tunes with more conservative timing. Modme on the forums is a perfect example of how long these engines can handle the power when you don't get greedy, he's been running a stage 2 TT for 2-3 years now.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote