View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembflyr View Post
Bringing back memories! I just wish I had done the ceramic coating now. It seems like everyone is doing it.
Yeah this is something I knew I would be doing right off the bat, I didn't do it on my last build and I regretted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss370Z View Post
Sorry for my bad English!
I'm from Switzerland .....

But I love those photo strips ...

BIG compliment

Best regards from Switzerland, and good luck
Ivo
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Very nice. Good pics and I dig the ceramic coating. Good idea there.

One thing I will mention. Watch those clamps on the fuel pump connections for the rubber hose. Those are just worm clamps and not EFI fuel hose clamps. I had something similar in my Challenger for a while and the clamps ended up cutting the hose as it softened from the fuel. Proper EFI fuel hose clamps have a rounded edge and no worm gear slots in them.
Yes this is a very good point, theres one spot on the pump install kit where I don't think you can use the EFI clamp, inside the bracket that holds the pump in, but it would be ideal to use these wherever possible. I try not to over tighten worm clamps to begin with as they do have that tendency to dig. If I ever had to go back in there I'd swap them out, but after spilling fuel all over my car I hope to never have to
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote