View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen
Default Yet Another DIY GTM TT Install

At this point I think everyone knows that with a decent set of tools, the time, and proper experience, you can install a GTM TT kit yourself with the engine in. I personally enjoy looking at other peoples builds so I figured I would post some pictures along the way with mine. The pictures aren't the best but I did what I could with my iphone while installing the kit.

The install is not complicated, but it is difficult doing this with the engine in. Clearances are tight, you are often working on your back reaching up into cramped spaces, its not for the faint of heart but it is completely doable, especially if you take your time. I work full time so I can only spend a few hours a during the week and my weekends have been a bit busy unfortunately. Despite that I've made some good progress so far and I'm over halfway done with the install, I will post up more pictures as the build progresses.

I'd also like to give a big thanks to Sam and GTM, you can tell they are very busy over there but he will still take the time to discuss any issues or questions.

Parts List:

GTM Stage 1 Twin Turbo Turn Key Kit (now running the stage 2 housings with a built engine)
GT2860rs .64 AR with internal wastegates
Bosch 650cc EV-14 Injectors
Walbro 255lph pump
Fuel pump voltage stabilizer kit
HKS spark plugs
AAM Oil Pan Spacer

Ceramic coated manifolds, turbine housings, and down pipe adapters
Wrapped CNT resonated test pipes
AAM 2.5" catback

HKS EVC-S Boost controller
PLX AFR and Boost sensors with DM-6 multi touch gauges

Quaife ATB LSD with 3.5 Final Drive
Southbend Stage 4 Clutch
Competition Clutch flywheel
ZSpeed CSC

Last edited by esfourteen; 01-20-2014 at 04:52 PM.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote