View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Compdoc777
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nismo #4 MB
Compdoc777 is on a distinguished road

It seems the tuners have not be able to fully access the ecu to tune it properly.

Yes, $500 for a couple of HP is not worth it. The gain from the bolt on mods don't really seem worth it. I would like to,see gains from a stand alone ECU like AEM or simular. Im am sure there are gains to be had with fuel, cam, vvt timing on the motor. I am sure they worked hard to make the car mundane for the masses. Also it could be the engine is at its max performance capabilities.

I know with bolt ons I can go from 174 whp to 240 whp on a Honda 2.0 N/A So 66 whp from ECU and normal bolt ons header, exhaust, Intake. So we should see much more with a higher displacement with bolt-ons and upgrades. Seems like all car makers these days are locking down the performance parameters in the ecu I know GMs Ecu have learning features that will keep the car at a certain torque and HP basically detuning any bolt on mod one does. It takes HP tuners tune to be able to use the bolt on mods or the the stock ecu tunes the out everything you add.

I wonder if the Nissan ecu does something simular.
Compdoc777 is offline   Reply With Quote