View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sharpie711
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z (Nismo)
Sharpie711 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
It could be the test pipes and new exhaust affecting your low end torque. I may be incorrect, but freeing it up like that generally sacrifices low end torque for more power mid and up top. A tune could help, but it won't make too much a difference. Stepped headers help as well, but it's expensive and you already have test pipes. Cats may help build back pressure, but again you already have test pipes. M370,intake manifold is great for mid range torque, but not sure how well it does under 3k rpm
Thanks for the advice! I called Akuma Motorsports and they said they could make me an E-Tune that would free up a lot of my lost low end torque. They sounded pretty confident about it. I would take it to a shop but Charleston isn't exactly import heaven. All's we have around here are trucks and v6 mustangs with GT badges. The closest shop i would trust is about 6 hours away (Z1 Motorsports), so I'm going to use this E-Tune to hold me over until then. If this does'nt help even things out i may trade the test pipes for high-flow cats.
Sharpie711 is offline   Reply With Quote