View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #6288 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axio View Post
Alchemy, try loosening the 3 or 4 bolts that hold the block off plate. Move the shifter into 5th gear, and then slide the block off plate up against the knob on the shifter itself. Then go ahead and tighten down the block off the plate. Shift it around and see if this helps or fixes your problem. If it does, I ended up putting on some extra grease where the knob on the shifter hits the block off plate so just it doesn't squeek or anything (it did on my TMW short shifter kit so I had to rip it apart again just to add grease to it). I hope that is what's wrong...
Yep, exactly this ^^

Your shifter should just barely touch the lock-out plate. There should be some play in it for adjustment.

Like Axio said, my Short Shifter DIY has some photos of this.

Thanks Axio