View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #1987 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
The first day all the other participants including the instructors suffered various malfunctions with handguns that were other than Glock or H&K. It was a bit unnerving to see that guys couldn't complete some drills due to a non-functioning handgun. On the other hand my confidence with Glock and H&K has been affirmed in a big way since I experienced nary an issue. The second day the instructors showed up with Glock 17s which allowed the demonstrations to go much more smoothly.

Glock and H&K
I've never taken a firearms course of any kind that didn't result in one or more weapons failing during the course and I can assure that Glocks are not immune. The Gen 4 in particular has been responsible for more weapons failures in courses I've attended than any other single brand I've seen..even more than current-model Sigs, which run a close second.

Louis Awerbuck's courses always start with a rundown of all the pistols running in that course. He goes through the various problems they are known for, and will even make failure predictions about some of them over the 1000 rounds of the course. He is most often correct about the Sigs. OTOH, I've never seen him say anything bad about HK's. He doesn't like them, particularly, but he acknowledges that they're reliable.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote