View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #71 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
These only work with aftermarket rotors with directional air flow correct?
Just curious, what are the principle differences between this kit and the DIY brake cooling project some of us do? See: DIY - Brake Cooling Ducts
I was hoping for something that doesn't utilize the fang vents as I was hoping to duct air into my Gen 3's from there. Can't get a Stillen fascia either because I already bought a Stillen splitter + canards..
I tried clicking the link to the DIY kit but it did not work for me. I'll post for now on some of your questions and if I can find the DIY kit in a search, I'll come back and respond.

These will work regardless of what rotor you choose. Every rotor wants to be cooled from the inside out. If you ever see a race car with ducting on the outside of the caliper, that is to cool the caliper. You always want to direct the air to the inside of the rotor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
Pics or BS

Thanks for your answers! Also, for those of us close to Stillen, how much to have you guys throw them on? I don't like bumper removal.
Installation is about $400.00. However, if you are getting a cooler or intakes or something else where the fascia needs to come off would be the time to do it as that in itself is a good amount of the labor.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote