View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Omikron
Base Member

Drives: 11 GM 370Z
Omikron has a spectacular aura aboutOmikron has a spectacular aura aboutOmikron has a spectacular aura about
Post Version 1 Z Audio Upgrade - Hybrid/Arc

I have more or less decided my first round of stereo upgrades for the Z. You guys tell me what you think. Keep in mind I don't want a big screen nor do I need it. I want a stealth install. Everything I listen to comes off of my phone so it will Aux input straight into the LC8i. Thanks.

Audio Control LC8i
Audio Control 6XS
Hybrid Audio - Clarus C61-2 2-Way 6.5
Kenwood Excelon - 12" (Can't remember exact model #)
Arc Audio 300.2
Arc Audio 300.4

Notes:

1. Ya, Kenwood Sub. I was very skeptical until I actually heard this sub. Very clean, very clear. I guess Kenwood had someone else design these for that time period. They recently changed the model again and it isn't the same quality.
2. The spare is coming out. They are going to Dynamat and build a custom stealth enclosure.
3. I really wanted the 3-way Legatia line of Hybrid Audio Components, but I want to hear the Clarus and see how they perform before I drop $1500 on the Legatia plus kick panels or whatever else I decide I need to do to make them fit. Not sure if any of you have any experience with Hybrid.
4. There will really be no sign of an aftermarket system unless you hear it. Amps and AC stuff will be out of sight.
Omikron is offline   Reply With Quote