View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
TGreen
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z, Sport, 6mt
TGreen is on a distinguished road
Default Opinion on Price: Base 2009 w/ Sport Package, Manual Transmission

Hey all,

New member but a long time lurker. I'm interested in a 2009 Manual Transmission Base 370z with the Sport package. (Link below). Carfax looks clean and the miles, about 11,000, are low for the car's age.

The car is listed at $28,980, which I think is far too high. I have to imagine the dealership paid somewhere between 22k and 24k for this car on trade in.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base - Countryside Illinois area Volkswagen dealer near Chicago Illinois ? New and Used Volkswagen dealership Oak Brook Hinsdale LaGrange Illinois

I must admit, this is the first time I have bought a car that is this nice and this expensive. (Car buying is much easier when your looking for a beat up SUV.) I plan on putting 15 - 18 down and financing the rest.

My question is this: Since this is my first 'real' car purchase, what is a good strategy going forward with trying to buy this car? What price should I open with? (5% over their cost to purchase . . . 25,500.) What tricks should I look out for aside from not letting them get me to fall for the "What can you afford in monthly payments" scheme.

I read all the stickies regarding getting invoice pricing, but these seem to be geared toward haggling for a new car, not a 3 year old car.

I'm not looking for a tutorial. At the very least I'd appreciate any input regarding what everybody's highest offer (max limit) would be for this car.

Thanks!
TGreen is offline   Reply With Quote