View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #340 (permalink)
KaienZ34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34 Tour/Sport
KaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB5 View Post
OK, I decided to put my new Rev 'D" in yesterday. I just couldn't stand the propects of getting stuck somewhere any longer.

Getting the original 'security' bolts out was not an issue as previuosly stated. I used a small pair of needle nosed vise grip type plyers. I replaced those with stainless steel 8mmX1.25 cap head bolts that have a allen head (easier to turn in the small space). I added lock washers as they where a little longer than the originals. Everything works as expected. The Rev D lock seems to be a little quieter when locking and unlocking, but that could be just my imagination.

I have put the old Rev B, which was still functioning, down in the spare tire well along with a proper size allen wrench (just in case).

The feeling of driving with that added level of security under there is very satisfying for sure!
Cool deal man, how many miles do you have on the car (old lock) ??

KaienZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote