View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #1948 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
I have decided that before the course I am going to slap on a LMT gas-piston monolithic upper on my Bushmaster lower. The idea of a gas-piston AR is intriguing and if anyone can do it right it would have to be LMT.
You might consider a Huldra upper. It's based on the Adams Arms piston design. Stewart Mills (Mills Fleet Farm) is a shooting buddy of mine and that's his brand. I've seen Huldras in action and they are impressive. Very high quality, very well made. Huldra Arms - AR Gas Piston Rifles . A Huldra would be my first choice if I were interested in a gas piston rifle. Nothing wrong with LMT, though. Likewise, LWRC makes an excellent gas piston rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeslitx View Post
i think it all depends on how OCD you are with cleaning...sometimes when using Qtips, it can get caught up on an edge and leave little pieces of cotton
Yeah, I agree. Anything that needs Q-tips on my rifles gets blasted with brake cleaner instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Just like oil threads on car forums
Boy, ain't that the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeslitx View Post
just FYI...ive heard that Hoppe's #9 kinda smells so make sure you're in a well ventilated area lol
It's the smell of my youth, though. I stick with Hoppe's #9 because of the smell..
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote