View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Spikuh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370z
Spikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud of

I recently had this done on my car a little under a month ago. My dealer gave me no problems at all with replacing this. Just mentioned what I had read and that the general consensus was to just go straight to Nissan about this. Whole thing took less than week (part had to ship, work took like 2 hours) and I was out the door.

My suggestion is to have them just call Nissan, they will confirm the ECU problems. There are multiple threads on the ECU whine around here if you dig them up. Not sure about the TSB kenchan mentioned, I have never seen one produced, just rumored about. May have just overlooked it during my searches though.

Also, some have had to swap ECU multiple times before they got one that would not whine. If I recall correctly, it supposedly had something to with differences between ones marked A and ones marked B. I think my replacement may be starting to whine again, so I may be in the same boat as others.
Spikuh is offline   Reply With Quote