View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #4517 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, i was doing this excercise last night where i'd roll on my back and lift up my legs. i was doing one leg at a time as i should, but started to get lazy and started lifting both legs together. and i felt a little bit of pain in my lower back but didn't think much of it.

then this am when i went to take out the trash...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
From a long-time back sufferer.

Lie on your back, draw your knees up, but keep your feet flat on the floor. Now rock your knees (together) from one side of the floor to the other for at least ten cycles.

If you can bear to do this every couple of hours, it will help loosen you up.

Most back pain like you describe is actually caused by the lower back muscles tensioning-up in reaction to one's hips becoming misaligned.

A physical therapist taught me this after being out for 10 days with a bad back. I try to do this exercise at least four times a week, and I haven't had serious back pain in over ten years.

Best wishes for some relief.

My Chiropractor told me no heat. Ice only! (for my injury). I also have a Tens machine and use it regularly. The nice thing is I can use the Tens Machine for other muscle groups so I get more use out of it other than using it just for my back. Some are reasonably priced, you might want to look into it if you have a recurring injury.