View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #302 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

It's not slammed, so it's still usable here in NOVA. And I have good working travel. Just the way I like it.

Watts link is set to the center position (neutral on roll steer) and my Konis are set to +1 from full soft front and rear. I will experiment with some other settings as we go but I doubt I'll run more than 1.5 turns on the street.

I'm also running -1.5 degrees of camber left and right up front.

Handling... well it was great before but it's truly incredible now. The Pilot Super Sports have incredible grip relative to the PZeros (and I'm 275 all around now instead of 255) so it just grips. The suspension is firm and planted. Very compliant. Rough surfaces or smooth it doesn't really matter at all.

Braking is great now as well since I've got so much more rear control with the new dampers... the *** end doesn't jump up in the air like it did before. The car stays nice and flat.

FromG2Z & Red__Zed, I highly recommend the Koni Yellows. They are a big step up from the factory Tokicos, especially the rears (which are the weak point on the car). Watts link is not really necessary if you are OK with panhard setup. The dampers are far more important... they get the suspension where it needs to be. Anything beyond that is just an added benefit.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote