View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
vividracing
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

I'd like to point a few things out that could potentially cause problems...

1st off, what is going on here with the tape? It looks like you just used electrical tape to connect the wires. Big major no-no. Also, ANY time you step down in wire size (especially from 8 AWG to what looks like 12 or 14 AWG), you MUST use a fuse. Car fires are not fun. Ask me how I know.

Next, your grounds need some help. In the 1st photo below, it looks like you didn't remove any paint or body coating material. I'm really anal about grounds, so I like to use "star" lock washers in addition to grinding the paint away. On the 2nd photo, what you've basically done is grounded the Line-Out to the radio chassis, which then grounds via the ground wire through the radio harness. I'd suggest just tying directly into the ground on the harness to avoid any potential ground loops.

I like the way you ran the wires to the anchor point, by the way. Really helps keep things clean in the hatch.

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote