Thread: Z, GTR, Juke R
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ace_ View Post
I read some on these forums that at a certain point down the FI road, our cars just haven't been able to get all the power down without major work on the suspension and such. To beat the GT-R with a swap, you'd probably want to take the AWD setup.

If you were to swap that in, besides the turbos and plumbing, I think once you added the extra differentials, the transmission, any new coolers, and any necessary electronics you'd be about the same weight as the GT-R. 400 pounds would go really fast. You could gut it and/or increase the boost, but you would want to do the same thing to the GT-R if you want a fair comparison.

I wonder how much downforce the GT-R produces relative to the Nismo 370Z. That's the only thing I could see as a potential advantage for the Z, but IMO it's not enough to really matter.
What makes you think that monstrosity of a car with more luxury parts and big heavy leather seats and a much heavier drivetrain would make the Z and GTR weigh the same if there was solely an engine and tranny swap??? No way... at minimum a 250lb deficit. The GTR and G37 are about 150lbs apart. The G being lighter. But the G has more luxury than the GTR... strip away the luxury down to GTR level and you can subtract an extra 50 lbs. Throw in the GTR drivetrain and turbos and they'd be the same weight. The Z is about 350lbs lighter than a G37s coupe. The Z would definately be lighter.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote