Thread: O&G's Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #113 (permalink)
O&G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anv.
O&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_lee View Post
Car sounds great!

Makes me want to live up to my screen name
thanks budd, your screen name is fantastic.... DOIT!

I've been trying to time doing the clutch w/ putting engine mounts in and redoing some boost and exhaust piping. However, since I'm still waiting on parts and the shop is over run w/ engine builds, Texas2K12 and drift event vehicles, etc... it looks like I'll be putting it off for a few more weeks. The car is fine but when I turn the boost up to 10psi she will start to slip. Sooooooo I've decided I am going to save a bit more cash and build the bottom end as well. Johnny sourced me CP Pistons and some eagle rods for $1350.00, I wanted to go w/ the carrillo but Johnny mentioned these are much lighter and just as strong as Carrillo's Pro-SA Rods. Probably do Cosworth headgaskett and ARP L19 studs. I will wait to see if the JUN cams or JWT Cam Gears will be the way to go concerning the head! Hopefully I'll have it wrapped up before ZdayZ in May. I want a reliable 600whp and be able to sleep well at night, which is why I'm building the motor. Although, I believe the VQ37VHR has a very stout bottom end. Trying to get all parts here before months end.

Depending on what fuel pressure we are seeing, I mite be getting the CJM Twin Pump set-up as well. I'm already setup for a return system, just need to run lines.

Also, adding 2 more small meth jets just after the intercooler/prior to MAFS, GTM said they saw a 40whp increase due to the ECU keeping desired timing(tricking it).

Last edited by O&G; 03-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.
O&G is offline   Reply With Quote