View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #75 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcquinn49 View Post
I read that too, Sixpax. It was in the weight reduction thread, which I've read a few times now. It was for overall weight, and is like you said, equivalent to HP gain but not actually a gain.

For rotational mass reduction though, it will also have the equivalent gains due to lower weight, but also - from what I've read - will actually deliver more HP to the wheels. And at a better ratio than 10 to 1. Nobody though has posted before and after numbers. I may have to be the first to try it.

The lightweight pulleys are about 4 pounds less weight and deliver about 5 more HP to the wheels.
My bad ... I finally focused on your "rotational mass" reference ... I was hung up on any weight loss ... seems easy to test if you dyno with the rear wheels you have, and then slap some lighter ones on.