View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: TT '11 PW Nismo #113
Ron has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfourteen View Post
...Waiting to hear back from Sam about a price on upgrading my soon-to-be-shipped stage 1 kit to the new GTX2863r turbos, in the short term with low boost the GTX doesn't offer much advantages over the old GT2860r, but if I decided to build the block in the future they would be fully capable of over 600whp with incredible spool, looking at the compressor graphs they have amazing flow at 18psi+

Did you end up upgrading the turbos? Are you keeping the .64 exh housing from the stage 1 or swapping for a bigger .86? If those turbos are as good as we believe a .64 might give you more top end than a regular stage2 with GT28s and they should spool crazy fast!
Good luck!

..I am also on the waiting list for the raspberry
2011 Twin Turbo PW nismo #113 - My Journal - My TT Build Thread
[ GTM GTX Stg2 TT || HKS EVC6 || Custom CarPC || F.I 3'' TDX CBE || SB 6puck clutch/ZSpeed CSC || BC BR Coilovers || SPC camber arms || Work VSS-X || Custom Headlights || PW:JDM CF Covers || Seibon CF Engine Cover ]
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote