View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pat C.
Base Member

Drives: 10' 370Z coupe M6
Pat C. is on a distinguished road
Default Success!!

Just came in from buttoning that portion of the install up. Took too long messing with the fuse connection. Had purchased these pieces from Crutchfield. They sold me the Street Wires Zero Noise set. Think the main 4 gauge cable is too big for their grommeting. Did do a nice install though. Had purchased a universal shrink wrap set from a local wiring supply house. I pulled the main power lines funky end cover off, soldered the connection and then shrunk wrap the end to where the wiring is sealed from possible corrosion beginning and then traveling up the wire. Wanted to get this portion completed while the car is sitting forward in my garage. Now I can turn it around and attack the remainder with the car facing backwards.
I will say one thing about purchasing these items from an outfit like Crutchfield. Certainly nice to have "all" of the pieces even if I do have to finish it out to how I'd like it done. Will try and take a few pix of the actual install. I have one of the new JVC CD receivers on the way. Think it's a model 800 or something.
Will keep you guys posted. And again, thanks for all of the help and advice.
Pat
Pat C. is offline   Reply With Quote