View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #100 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by glory View Post
Sorry to be reviving this old thread but I came across is it and I think I am missing something here.

My dilemma is here is why Dreamer is making less power with LTH's. I understand boost = back pressure so freeing up the exhaust (CBE +LTH) will lower the back pressure (and therefore the boost) and make it more efficient, but shouldn't he be making more power @8psi rather than less?

Now is it because the SC is capped @ 8psi that it can't achieve higher numbers or is it some VVEL thing holding it back?

Sorry, not trying to stir the pot just trying to wrap my head around this.

Thanks
The Supercharger Unit itself is not capped at 8psi...our Stage 1.5 Supercharger Kit proves that.

The Stage 1 Supercharger as it was originally designed, needs a little bit of back-pressure from the exhaust to keep the compressor in its efficiency range. Once the exhaust back pressure is reduced too much, the compressor loses efficiency and therefore, makes less power.

If you are looking for more power than the Stage 1, but still want good mid-range torque, then check out the Stage 1.5: GTM Performance Engineering: Stage 1 Supercharger Upgrade Kit 500whp capable
Mike@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote