View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #40 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo2max99 View Post
Progressives Snapshot is invasive? lol...

They aren't forcing people to use it and they clearly outline the rules.

Again, they aren't tracking you with GPS.

If you regularly drive more than 30miles a day, stomp on your brakes, drive like a ****-on-wheels and drive between 12-4am you won't get the best rate. Otherwise it's a really easy and simple way to save a whopping 30%.

Insurance companies use a lot of different factors to determine your individual insurance rate such as your credit score, rather you rent or own a home, your gender/age and so on.

If anything it makes more sense to take into account your driving habits to determine risk.

The more time you spend on the road the higher the chances you get into an accident. The same goes for slamming on your brakes, driving between 12-4am (greater chance of getting stopped by police for speeding, etc).

Regardless there's nothing being cramped down anyones throats here and no reason to believe anything in the future will be. It's simply an easy way for people to save a **** ton on their insurance if they so chose.
I know better than to think you'll learn from further argument.

But I'm sorry, no insurance company needs to know more than they already do about my driving habits, good or bad, and I'll put my pristine driving record against anyone else here. It's an invasion of privacy. Just because people are willing to sell themselves out to get a small discount, that doesn't make it right for the rest of us. If this program succeeds, it could become mandatory down the road, because that is the underlying nature of the car insurance business and their cushy status with the government. If you can't see that, it is your own failing.

Last edited by shadoquad; 03-06-2012 at 12:32 AM.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote