View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #154 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

You mean for Tail of the Dragon? You should get some good brake-cooling windows between hard hits there I think, all total 11 miles is a good deal shorter than the average HPDE session, and you probably won't be hitting that stretch at 9/10ths anyways in terms of grip and braking. So I'd think a high quality street pad would work fine there.

The only two street pads I've used w/ the Sports brakes on the 370Z are Hawk HPS and Carbotech Bobcat. Both worked great . Pretty much any track pad is gonna make enough noise that you'll hate it on a DD, IMHO, and everyone around you will think your brakes are broken. Ask me how I know, heh. I get "fix your damn brakes" stares from people at stoplights all the time now when they hear all the squealing. I can shut them up for a while with a light re-bedding, but regular street driving inevitably brings the squealing back after several miles.