View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Motordyne ART Pipes Review

So I got the V1's off the forum used. There was cracks around the welds on one of them, but it was re-welded at my boy's shop, PetrolWerks.
The install took a while cause it was a serious pain getting the factory bolts out. They had to torch the bolts a few times to get it out.
I called Motordyne for new gaskets but they said they don't use gaskets anymore, and instead use Permetex Hi Temp Red Silicone. They said it's supposedly much better. So I just had the gaskets reused along with the silicone.
Once the install was done, I had the ECU reset and fired it up.
Driving impression: I wasn't expecting an OMG MOAR VTAK reaction. Just a lil more kick, which it does have. It's a little noticeable. Nothing major.
Sound: No rasp. Not a whole lot louder than the stock cats. I don't know if it's just mine, but when I'm coming off the gas, there's this annoying low farty-hissing noise all the way down to idle. Someone please clarify on this. I have the Borla exhaust, fyi. On WOT, the exhaust note has more presence, but again there's this hissy noise all the way up to redline. I'm on the wall about it right now with sound.

The video was taken by Moe, the owner. The video was cut a bit short. I clutched in and put it into 1st so I could rev to redline. No 5k revving booshiet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NLOT9Dbp8&feature=youtu.be
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote