View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #115 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, maintenance mistakes can definitely happen (I've caught myself on a few before, luckily before driving off in the car), but I don't think this is likely to be a case where the refill never happened. It's been 5K miles since that last change. If the drain plug were left off, the engine would've been making ugly noises and failing long before the 5K mark. With a drain and no refill the remaining oil won't even reach the pump pickup, you'd just be riding on the film left from the old oil. For that matter it would've definitely triggered a low oil pressure dummy light on the first drive, and VVEL wouldn't have functioned without the oil pressure either.