View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did the hood lift install tonight. No major install issues but a little bit of a fitment concern.

The passenger side is fitting just fine, but the driver side is hitting the plastic brake reservoir cover and bending the lift arm at about 6 inches from being closed. Closing the hood causes the Gas Arm to pop off the front mount quite violently. I tried readjusting the plastic brake reservoir cover, but there is no play in it. I trimmed the plastic to allow the arm to go lower but it seems to hit in the middle of the plastic cover and then the arm starts to bow with the pressure of the hood closing. When I do get it closed, it leaves a large gap...

full extension

gap when hood closed

at this point of closing the hood, the arm starts to bend as it presses against the brake reservoir cover

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal

Last edited by wheee!; 03-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote