View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #212 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat C. View Post
Do you mind if I ask you a couple of question? First off, how does this unit mount? Don't show it as having the same backing as the normal style, or does it slip "into" the blank filler housing? . Also, did you wire in the on/off switch they sell too, or did you just tie into the existing rear wires. All i'm wanting to have is the blinking for backup along with the extra brake light. Will send thanks in advance. Wasn't sure if I should have sent you a PM or not.
Pat
If you want it to do multiple things you'll have to isolate the inputs using relays. And add a flasher unit for the blinking reverse light. Either that or you'll have to install a dual filament harness. Do you have experience wiring relays? I have a schematic in my album that you can use for a reference. If you need a schematic for your specific application PM me and Ill try to help.

As far as fitment the JDM lamp bolts right into place. Not sure about the Evo-r.

I know this thread is long but all the info you need is in here.

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD
Dembflyr is offline   Reply With Quote