Thread: Clutch problems
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: TT '11 PW Nismo #113
Ron has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud ofRon has much to be proud of
Default Clutch problems

Alright guys, so I recently bought a Southbend TZR clutch and flywheel with ZSpeed's CSC. I have 2 problems.

After the clutch was installed it felt good. Engagement was at the top (like stock) and I had about 1'' or less of pedal play. After I took it out for a drive everything seemed ok pedal wise. After about 5-6 miles of driving, pedal play increased to almost half of the total pedal swing (60% play 40% engagement) and engagement point was no longer at the top.

Since then I have tried adjusting the pedal inside the cabin, gravity bleeding for about 20min, then regular bleeding for about 30min pumping about 20 times between valve openings. After I am done pedal feels ok but the same thing happens after I drive it for a a few minutes.

The other problem I have is that regardless of the pedal feel, it is hard getting into any gear after putting the car in neutral. This only happens with the engine on...
I start the car in the morning, force it into 1st and drive around, all gears engage ok. I get to a red light, put in neutral, release clutch... when I try to go into 1st it doesn't want to go, I have to force it in again. It does the same thing with any gear I try from neutral. Once I push hard on it and get it into gear, I can row through all gears again with no problem..

I think issue number 1 is air in the system but I don't know how that could be since I've bled the sh1t out of it. Issue number 2 sounds like the clutch is sticking or CSC is not pushing all the way in.

Advise?
2011 Twin Turbo PW nismo #113 - My Journal - My TT Build Thread
[ GTM GTX Stg2 TT || HKS EVC6 || Custom CarPC || F.I 3'' TDX CBE || SB 6puck clutch/ZSpeed CSC || BC BR Coilovers || SPC camber arms || Work VSS-X || Custom Headlights || PW:JDM CF Covers || Seibon CF Engine Cover ]

Last edited by Ron; 02-16-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote