View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
Why were you being threatened and heckled? Were you driving in some redneck hick town or something?

What do you think about interior room for the s2000? I thought, and still thinking, about buying one as a daily driver and track toy. They're very cheap right now. But that tight claustrophobic interior, lack of torque, and noisy engine give me the distinct feeling I won't be happy during those long commutes in rush hour traffic.
I am white (well, I'm half Asian but I haven't had much sun due to the seasons ) and I was in a very, very, VERY hood neighborhood. :|

Interior room... it depends on your size. I am 6'0 and 250 lbs and fit comfortably. But I have the seat all the way back, and the steering wheel is not adjustable so it's a little low but still in a good position. I wouldn't want to DD it, though. There's not much space, not much room to move around, and it is noisy. I think it's the perfect fair-weather car or track toy, but not a daily driver. I view it as a compliment to the 5.0/370Z. With the 5.0/370 you have a car that compromises sport and comfort/practicality. The S2K is all about the driving experience... the engineers really didn't bother much with making it practical or comfortable.

Torque... honestly the AP2 feels fairly torquey. I am used to the 5.0 and don't feel left wanting with the S2K. Obviously if you need to "go" you will downshift, but in regular situations it's fine... just keep it above 2,000 RPM and it moves about just fine. It's responsive, and thanks to the throttle cable there is no input lag at all.

The engine actually sounds pretty good purring throughout the rev range. And the transmission is just to die for. I love it. Aside from the chassis the transmission is my favorite thing about this car... it's... perfect.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote