View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
I've done lots of reading and research on the forum about gaining power from a CBE, or HFC, or Intake, etc. I noticed that it is said for the 370 the first mod for an example a CBE will produce the most gains and there after if you add like an intake that will only add minimal power compared to advertised numbers. This might be a dumb question but lets say I add a CBE, HFC, and an Intake all at the same time. Where will I recieve most gains or should I do mods separate or something?
Thanks
You have made a very valid statement that rarely gets asked and mostly overlooked!

Breathing mods: intake & exhaust components cannot be compounded. They will compliment each other.

Let's say intakes give you 15 alone, HFC's give you 15 alone and a CBE will give you another 15 alone. All together you will not see 45 at the wheels. Those three numbers together would be compounded.

It is real simple proven fact. The more air (cold) air an engine can take in and the faster and more efiecent you can get the exhaust out, the more power you will make!

Now most people for a number of reasons like to only do one mod at a time. If this is the case, always start with the cat back exhaust system. All of these cars come choked up from the factory. Let that exhaust out and let that engine breathe. Sure you can do an intake first but whats the point if you are taking in more air but not letting any more exhaust out!

I hope this sheds some light.

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote