View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
i'm not trying to sound elitist at all but the datsun guys will not let it die. i completely agree but there's too much "old blood" (literally and figuratively) in the ZCCA, imo, and i really don't understand how true Z people can be so closed minded about the idea of change. why be so conformist about the events? i know that bryan (from zdayz) helped will a LOT with the event and even then, it still got screwed up by the people who came in to run it. my impression is that the local club is supposed to set everything up, then the ZCCA reps come in and run it. and while that kind of makes sense to keep some uniformity from year to year, when the entire club falls apart 2 months before the event, there's a problem
Judging by what I know about how ZCCA operates, I suspect that the club falling apart was a direct result of the pressure of hosting the convention...ZCCA wants someone else to do the work while ZCCA takes the accolades (problems are always blamed on someone/something else).

I'm convinced that if Middle Tennessee had hosted the convention there would be no Middle Tennessee Z Club today.

But you are right; many in the leadership of ZCCA have been there since the beginning...and "change" is not in their vocabulary.