View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk Z View Post
I'm originially from Maine Bro I got the snow thing... If you read through the post a couple people ask about "summer" tires. I was letting them as well as OP know my thoughts on the tires I have had expericence with.

And trufully the 350 or 370z were never intended to drive in snow and I seriously don't think an all season tire will help you if you get stuck in 6+ inches of snow...
I missed the part where some asked about the summers.

Anyways, in our area the DWS should be fine for light snow. 6+ inches won't work because the car won't clear it. But in the Mid-Atlantic you should be fine on 2-3" of fresh snow or plowed and snow-packed roads.

With the proper tire, any car can drive in the snow. The 370Z is awesome in snow up to 4-5" deep with Blizzaks or other comparable snow tires. Winter is one of my favorite seasons for driving because I love getting the chance to romp around in the snow on my Dunlop WinterSport M3s.

I understand the "all-season = no-season" thing kenchan mentioned (and I fully agree), but when someone insists on an all-season tire solution, depending on their climate the DWS is really the only one I recommend since it's the most capable all-season in snow on the market right now.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote