View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #75 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
any car can be driven in the rain if one is cautious enough. heck, i drove my z back home from a track day in the rain on practically slick rear tires after i had burnt off all the tread on the track. with extreme caution, i made it home in one piece without any drama. of course that meant i was the slowest guy on the highway, going 20km/h below the speed limit while everyone else was 10-20 km/h above that limit. that still doesn't make it a safe or smart thing to do, and definitely not on a daily basis.

I have no doubt you can drive an ACR in the rain safely, but you have to give it 100% of your attention. You can't relax and take it for granted the car will stick and just go ahead and power your way out of a turn or pass someone on the highway. I don't even think it has traction control. That's not really what you want in a "road car".
I had roughly no tread on my PZeros before I took them off and generally had no problem with the at or above the speed limit in the rain.

Also, I prefer to give the car 100% of my attention 100% of the time that I am driving. Generally a good idea.

Traction control... I don't need no stinkin' traction control!
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote