View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
mjg
Base Member

Drives: 13' GT 500
mjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant future

I don't like what happened at all from this story, it sounds like he had some problems, and took it out on you. It's not like your taking food off his table taking up another hour of his time... Things happen, but they should accept some liability for that, I've never heard of an at your own risk mechanic where they charge you as they go. There are exceptions, but wow that sucks.

Last weekend, my mechanic (who i've been dealing with for over 10 years) over here in sea cliff put in a set of speakers for me, not something they normally do. It ended up taking him 2 hours to do, yet he agreed for a rate to charge me, over the phone, and he kept it despite the fact it ended up taking 2 hours... Had no bearing on how he quoted me, that's how he does things.

I'm not trying to sound like an Amex commercial, but they handle this all the time, and will you me cancel payment immediately, take your side, and have pretty much a concierge service for dealing with customer service, even when the business you are dealing with fails to handle the situation fairly...
mjg is offline   Reply With Quote