Thread: sixpax Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

ARK Grip 2V2 installation on 01/28/2012.

Have to do a better job of getting things to line up ... I went backwards it seems, tightening from the HFCs back to the tips. Going to try to loosen everything back up, and tighten from the tips back to the HFCs.

...readjusted everything 2/2/2012. This is as good as it gets. A big improvement I think. Having a lift helps a great deal. I had this done at Fast Line Performance in Brandywine, Maryland. The owner is a pretty smart cat who loves his job so the car was in good hands. The easiest thing he did, was a tall stand that had a flat metal bar welded to it horizontally, like a shelf. He loosened the back hangar bolts, and the bolts at the first pipe joint, and then raised the "shelf" with a piece of carpeting on it up to the point that it was holding both cans in the same spot. Then tightened everything back up. Slight bend of the left side rear hangar was necessary, that was done by locking a giant pipe wrench on the hangar, and then sliding a long metal tube over the end of the wrench for leverage, and then carefully easing it to where we wanted it. Only took about 30 minutes. I left a happy camper.

...from a lower angle...looks perfect

...gotta love those burnt tips. Damn the car is filthy though.

Last edited by sixpax; 04-22-2012 at 08:03 AM.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote